On-Air Now

Wild Bill McKubby 10am - 2pm

Hi everyone, it's Wild Bill I have been in Country Radio for the past 12 years.  I've worked up and down the dial all over the country from South Dakota, Vermont, Michigan, Indiana to Minnesota.  I've worked mornings on Z-94 back in 2004 and then took a morning show job in Columbus GA in 2005.  I worked for Country station WKCN and stayed there for 2 years.  I married my lovely wife Marilyn just over the Georgia border.  Marilyn is from a little town called Smith Station, Alabama. I also became good friends with Alan Dupriest in Columbus GA while working with him in radio.   I did the unthinkable, I left the south and moved to Mankato Minnesota and worked for country station KYSM for 4 years.  My daughter Emma Elizabeth was born in Minnesota in 2008 and she is the love of our lives.  It sure is nice to be back home in Georgia being close to Family and friends.  I look forward to meeting and reconnecting with all of you!  

Posts from January 2013

Tornado touchdown in Atlanta, injuries, damage and fatality

Injuries, property damage and at least one fatality reported from tornado
touchdown in Atlanta Area

Multiple buildings were reported damaged, with people trapped inside, in northern Bartow County after a tornado touched down late Wednesday morning. At least one person reportedly died when the tornado slammed into Adairsville.
Vehicles were reportedly overturned on I-75 in Bartow County, and the state Department of Transportation said the interstate was closed in both directions near the Ga. 140 exit.
Meanwhile, a tornado warning was issued just before 1 p.m. for Paulding, Cobb, Cherokee and north Fulton counties after radar indicated a severe thunderstorm capable off producing a tornado south of Dallas.
“Major structure damage reported in downtown Adairsville,” the National Weather Service reported. “Reports of cars overturned and major structure damage.”
Bartow sheriff’s and fire dispatchers were reporting numerous calls of “trauma and injuries” in the Adairsville area just before 11:30. One call involved an overturned vehicle with an entrapment, and there were numerous roads in the area that were impassable.
Another Bartow fire call just after 11:30 a.m. reported five people trapped in a building in Adairsville.
A large manufacturing plant in Adairsville was leveled by the tornado.
In addition to buildings damaged in downtown Adairsville, there were also reports of buildings damaged and vehicles overturned near the junction of I-75 and Ga. 140 near Adairsville. A reporter and photographer from Channel 2 Action News witnessed the tornado cross I-75.
Channel 2 reported at noon that I-75 was shut down, and that over vehicles, including a tractor-trailer, were overturned on the interstate.
There were also reports of tornado damage north of Adairsville, along Ga. 53 near Calhoun.
Barnsley Gardens, a popular resort near Adairsville, escaped damage from the storm.
“We’re just fine … rain and a little wind, but no damage,” reservations manager Sarah McBee told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. She said the resort is about 10 miles south of downtown Adairsville, where the tornado touched down.
All of the late-morning damage came from storms that had developed ahead of a squall line associated with a strong cold front. That squall line was beginning to move into western counties of Georgia at 12:15 p.m., prompting severe thunderstorm warnings until 1 p.m. for Carroll, Haralson, Polk and Paulding counties.
An earlier tornado warning posted Wednesday morning for Cobb, Paulding, Douglas and central Fulton counties was canceled just before 9 a.m. as the a storm that radar indicated had possibly spawned a tornado weakened.
Tornado sirens in Cobb County were activated at 8:15 a.m., but by 8:45, there were no reports of an actual tornado touchdown.
Meanwhile, a tornado watch issued early Wednesday for the northwest corner of Georgia has been expanded to include all of metro Atlanta and north Georgia.
The tornado watch, meaning that conditions are conducive for the development of tornadoes, is in effect until 4 p.m.
Most of Georgia, including all of metro Atlanta, was also under a wind advisory from 6 a.m. to midnight Wednesday, for winds gusting to 40 mph.
The storms and rain that moved through metro Atlanta at mid-morning were in advance of the main squall line, which stretched from the northwest corner of Georgia southwestward through Birmingham and into southern Mississippi at 9:45 a.m.
Those earlier storms were causing flight delays of 30 to 45 minutes at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.
The National Weather Service said the squall line of storms should move through metro Atlanta during the early afternoon.
“We are looking at some serious weather,” Channel 2 Action News meteorologist Karen Minton said. The squall line, she said, “has had a history of producing severe storms. We’re looking at wind, lightning, heavy downpours, all of those things, including the potential for isolated tornadoes.”
Minton said the chance of rain is 100 percent Wednesday, when highs will be around 67 degrees.
Behind the front, temperatures will take a nose dive.
Minton is predicting sunny skies and cold temperatures Thursday and Friday, with highs only in the upper 40s and lows in the low to mid-30s.
The weekend outlook is for sunny skies, with highs in the mid-50s and lows in the 30s.

SOURCE: By Mike Morris
 (0) Comments

Mindy McReady's Boyfriend may have been murdered


The new print issue of The NATIONAL ENQUIRER – hitting newsstands Wednesday – will exclusively report that troubled country music star MINDY McCREADY is caught up in a murder probe after her live-in boyfriend died of a gunshot wound to the head at the plush lakeside home he shared with McCready in Heber Springs, Ark., on Jan. 13.
While McCready’s rep issued a statement claiming David Wilson committed suicide, The Enquirer learned that cops investigating the death have not made that determination and have not ruled out murder.
While no one is alleging that McCready has anything to do with the death, and she is not a suspect, Cleburne County Sheriff Marty Moss confirmed to The Enquirer: “This is a very high-profile case and we need to make sure it’s investigated as thoroughly as possible. It could take weeks for the state crime lab to complete their tests on Mr. Wilson’s body, and if you’ll notice, it was Mindy McCready’s spokesperson – not anyone involved in the investigation – who made the determination that Mr. Wilson’s death was due to a self-inflicted gunshot wound.”

A bleeding Wilson was discovered after Cleburne County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a report of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
A source told The ENQUIRER exclusively that investigators indicated that the bullet that killed David was not found until the following day and suggested someone could have held onto it before turning it over to police.
Immediately following his death, McCready issued a statement calling Wilson – the father of her 9-month-old son Zayne – her “soul mate.”



 (0) Comments
Tags :  
Topics: Law_Crime
Locations: Arkansas
People: David wasDavid WilsonMarty MossMindy McCreadyMindy McReadyZayne

Interview w/ Gregg Jackson

My interview w/ Gregg Jackson an accomplished speaker who speaks to groups and on college campuses nationwide, Jackson has written articles for The Wall St. Journal, The Washington Times, Human Events, and Townhall.com.

 We discussed trusting God more than Government and his latest book,  "We Won't Get Fooled Again, Where The Right Went Wrong and How To Make America Right Again."  Listen to the audio below and post your comments.  


 (0) Comments
Tags :  
Topics: PoliticsSocial Issues
People: Gregg Jackson

Interview w/ Cameron Reddy

My interview with Cameron Reddy author of the book, "By Force of Patriots" Listen to the audio and make comments below.  


 (0) Comments



This season, Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o was lionized for playing football after the death of his grandmother, who died of natural causes after a long illness, and his girlfriend, Lennay Marie Kekua, who died of leukemia.
Kekua, whom Te'o called "the love of my life," and Te'o's grandmother died hours apart before Notre Dame played Michigan State in mid-September. Te'o, who finished second in the Heisman Trophy voting, dedicated the season to them. And the national press and the college football world lauded him for his impeccable character. 

On Wednesday, Deadspin, after an exhaustive investigation, revealed that this girlfriend, Lennay Marie Kekua, never existed. Her death was a hoax. And there are more questions than answers. Notre Dame has claimed, in a statement, that Te'o was actually the victim--and not the perpetrator--of this hoax. Te'o also released a statement saying he was "embarrassed" because he was duped by a woman with whom he had an online relationship. 

But Deadspin's reporting indicates that Te'o--and perhaps even members of his family--may have been complicit in perpetuating the hoax. One source claimed he was "80 percent sure" Te'o was involved in the hoax for publicity reasons. 

According to Deadspin, there is no Social Security record of the death of Lennay Marie Kekua. There is no funeral announcement, obituary, or mention of Lennay's death in the even the Stanford student newspaper:

Nor is there any report of a severe auto accident involving a Lennay Kekua. Background checks turn up nothing. The Stanford registrar's office has no record that a Lennay Kekua ever enrolled. There is no record of her birth in the news. Outside of a few Twitter and Instagram accounts, there's no online evidence that Lennay Kekua ever existed.

The photographs identified as Kekua—in online tributes and on TV news reports—are pictures from the social-media accounts of a 22-year-old California woman who is not named Lennay Kekua. She is not a Stanford graduate; she has not been in a severe car accident; and she does not have leukemia. And she has never met Manti Te'o.

Deadspin got in contact with the 22-year-old woman, who lives in Torrance, CA. That woman, according to Deadspin, was "horrified to find that she had become the face of a dead woman" and told
Deadspin that the photo television networks, like CBS, used of the Teo's supposedly dead girlfriend was a "picture of me from my Facebook account."
Here is a timeline of Te'o's "relationship" with "Lennay Kekua," as compiled by Deadspin:
Nov. 28, 2009: Te'o and Kekua meet after Stanford's 45-38 victory over Notre Dame in Palo Alto, according to the South Bend Tribune.
2010-2011: Te'o's father, Brian, told the Tribune in October 2012: "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there."
Some time in 2012: Kekua has a car accident somewhere in California that leaves her "on the brink of death" (Sports Illustrated). But when? Eight months before she died of cancer, in September, reports ESPN. "About the time Kekua and Manti became a couple," reports the South Bend Tribune.

April 28, reports SI.
Sept. 11-12, 2012: Te'o's grandmother dies in Hawaii. Later, Kekua dies in California. Or is it the other way around? "Te'o's girlfriend, Lennay Kekua, died Sept. 11 of complications from leukemia. His grandma, Annette Santiago, died after a long illness less than 24 hours later," according to the Sept. 22 South Bend Tribune. No, Annette dies first, according to the Oct. 12 South Bend Tribune. In fact, Lennay lives long enough to express condolences over the death of Annette

Sept. 22, 2012: Kekua's funeral takes place in Carson, Calif. (The Associated Press puts it in "Carson City, Calif.," which does not exist.) Te'o skips the funeral, saying Kekua had insisted that he not miss a game (Los Angeles Times). Her casket is closed at 9 a.m. Pacific time, according to Te'o. That night, Notre Dame beats Michigan.Te'o intercepts two passes. After the game, he says of Lennay: "All she wanted was some white roses. So I sent her roses and sent her two picks along with that." Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly awards the game ball to Lennay Kekua, handing it to Te'o to "take back to Hawaii."

As Deadspin discovered, Te'o and "Kekua" originally met on Twitter on Oct. 10, 2011: "@MTeo_5 
@LovaLovaloveyou nice to meet u too ma'am."
According to Deadspin, the woman, whom Deadspin is calling "Reba" to protect her identity, remembered a strange request from a friend with whom she went to high school: 

His cousin had been in a serious car accident, and he had seen her photos before and thought she was pretty. Would she be so kind as to take a picture of herself holding up a sign reading "MSMK," to put in a slideshow to support the cousin's recovery? (He didn't explain what MSMK meant, and Reba still doesn't know.) Baffled but trusting, Reba made the sign and sent along the photo.

When Reba called the classmate after being informed her picture was on the Twitter account of a supposedly dead woman, the classmate "immediately began acting weird." 

That classmate was a former star high school quarterback named Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, who is friends with Te'o:

"Manti and Ronaiah are family," she said, "or at least family friends." She told us that the Tuiasosopos had been on-field guests (of Te'o or someone else, she didn't know) for the Nov. 24 Notre Dame-USC game in Los Angeles. 

In addition, Tuiasosopo had been in a car accident a month before Lennay supposedly died. Deadspin "spoke with friends and relatives of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo who asserted that Ronaiah was the man behind Lennay":

He created Lennay in 2008, one source said, and Te'o wasn't the first person to have an online "relationship" with her. One mark—who had been "introduced" to Lennay by Tuiasosopo—lasted about a month before family members grew suspicious that Lennay could never be found on the telephone, and that wherever one expected Lennay to be, Ronaiah was there instead. 

To recap this head-spinning story, Deadspin wrote: 
There was no Lennay Kekua. Lennay Kekua did not meet Manti Te'o after the Stanford game in 2009. Lennay Kekua did not attend Stanford. Lennay Kekua never visited Manti Te'o in Hawaii. Lennay Kekua was not in a car accident. Lennay Kekua did not talk to Manti Te'o every night on the telephone. She was not diagnosed with cancer, did not spend time in the hospital, did not engage in a lengthy battle with leukemia. She never had a bone marrow transplant. She was not released from the hospital on Sept. 10, nor did Brian Te'o congratulate her for this over the telephone. She did not insist that Manti Te'o play in the Michigan State or Michigan games, and did not request he send white flowers to her funeral. Her favorite color was not white. Her brother, Koa, did not inform Manti Te'o that she was dead. Koa did not exist. Her funeral did not take place in Carson, Calif., and her casket was not closed at 9 a.m. exactly. She was not laid to rest. Lennay Kekua's last words to Manti Te'o were not "I love you."

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo's friend also told Deadspin that he was "80 percent sure" that Manti Te'o was "in on it," and that the two perpetrated Lennay Kekua's death with publicity in mind. Deadspin called a cellphone for Manti Te'o but the number was "not accepting calls." Brian Te'o, Manti's father, texted Deadspin that he was in a meeting. Ronaiah Tuiasosopo "did not answer his phone or respond to multiple text messages."

On Wednesday, Notre Dame released this statement:
On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Te'o released this statement on Wednesday:
This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. It further pains me that the grief I felt and the symptathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. I am enormously grateful for the support of family, friends, and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others are far more cautious with people online than I was. Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft.
 (0) Comments

Fact Checking Promised Land

Steve Maley is a contributor the website RedState.  He joined me to talk about the glaring lies in the movie "Promised Land" with Matt Damon.

 Take a listen to the interview and post comments below.  



 (0) Comments

Aaron Murray stays with the Dogs!




Murray has decided to return for a final season with the Bulldogs.
The fourth-year junior made the announcement on his Twitter feed Sunday night that he plans to remain with the program and won’t enter this year’s draft.
“Blessed to be the QB for the Dawgs, not ready to leave just yet,” Murray tweeted to his more than 63,000 followers. “Time to get back to work & help lead this team to a championship. #GoDawgs.”
A Georgia spokesperson later confirmed that Murray is indeed returning.
Murray, a three-year starter, revealed his decision the night before spring semester classes began at Georgia. Murray is in graduate school, pursuing a doctorate in industrial/organizational psychology.
The 6-foot-1, 210-pound Murray said earlier this week that he received a second- or third-round grade from the NFL underclassman advisory committee. In what was considered a week quarterback class, Murray was the fourth-rated quarterback prospect by NFLDraftScout.com and No. 11 by ESPN Scouts Inc.
Murray had said several times he planned to weigh the pros and cons of his decision with his parents. Coach Mark Richt said he and offensive coordinator Mike Bobo planned to speak to Murray during the weekend.
The return of the nation’s top-rated passer should ensure the Bulldogs will have one of the most explosive offenses in the nation next year and will make them even more of a contender to return to Atlanta for a third straight year for the SEC championship game.
Georgia’s defense lost a pair of underclassmen in junior linebackers Jarvis Jones and Alec Ogletree, who declared for the NFL draft, but that was expected.
Fourth-year junior nose guard Kwame Geathers still has yet to reveal if he is turning pro. The deadline to enter the draft is Jan. 15.
Georgia averaged a school-record 37.79 points per game this season when Murray completed 64.5 percent of his passes for a school-record 36 touchdowns and 10 interceptions and a school-record 3,893 yards
Georgia’s offense is losing only receivers Tavarres King and Marlon Brown.
Murray is the first quarterback in SEC history to throw for 3,000 yards in three straight seasons.
The Tampa native figures to be a top-tier Heisman Trophy candidate and is well within range of breaking a bunch of Southeastern Conference career records.
Murray is second on the SEC career touchdown passing list with 95, putting him just 20 away from topping Florida’s Danny Wuerffel. He is 1,438 passing yards away from moving by former Georgia quarterback David Greene atop the career list and 200 completions away from Chris Leak’s career record of 895.
Murray would take his first SEC title over any of those.
“I’ve always wanted to base my game off championships,” Murray said during bowl practices last month.
Murray will lead an offense that returns tailbacks Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall, its entire starting line and receivers Malcolm Mitchell, Michael Bennett and Chris Conley and tight ends Arthur Lynch and Jay Rome.
 (0) Comments

Remembering General Norman Schwartzkopf

Frank Wuco is a retired Naval Intelligence Officer with 23 years active duty and over 30 total years of service to the the national security and intelligence communities.  We discussed the life and impact General Norman Schwartzkopf had on the USA and the World.  Listen to the interview and post comments below.  


 (0) Comments
Tags :  
People: Frank WucoNorman Schwartzkopf

Recent Posts
Tag Cloud
No Tags Found !

Country CLUB
Register / Login
Kickin'  WEATHER
Last 10
Justin Moore - Til My Last Day 06:46pm
PREVIOUSLY PLAYED Parmalee - Close Your Eyes